The Buddhist Temple trip

Last Friday (Friday 20th May 2022) my school (St Pius X) went to the Buddhist temple in Flat Bush Auckland. The yr 3 – Yr 8 went from my school. The people from the Buddhist temple guided us all through the temple and had fun activities. It was fun to be out of class and learn new things about other cultures. The first thing my group did was make the Lotus Flower, they gave each group Ten minutes on every activity. While my group (group 2) was making the Lotus Flower, they gave us five steps simple steps to making the Lotus flower, and all five of those steps were on just one peace of paper, that gave us all five of those steps. Then we had to bend the petals of the flower slightly to make them look tidy.

After my group did the Lotus flower activity we moved on to the next activity, which was Chinese calligraphy. It was very fun to learn about the Chinese Hand writing. We learnt the different techniques of the writing and the brush we used. Our whole group sat down at a table with the brush,ink & paper ready.

We then learnt about the Buddha Siddhartha. We watched a short film with group 1. Then we made a wish by getting a pen, a little piece of paper and a pin to pin on the wall..

It was then time to go and get on the bus back to school, so we all got on the bus. We were then back at school, it was lunch time.After lunch we continued writing about our trip…